Voting Information

Absentee Voting March 8, 2022: If you would like an absentee ballot for the Town Election to be held on March 9th, 2021, please complete both sides of the town form below and return to the Town Clerk's Office, PO Box 500, Canterbury, NH 03224, or drop the request in the dropbox at the Sam Lake House porch, 10 Hackleboro Road. *If you would like a school ballot, please note this on the application form so Sam can send it to the SAU, or please contact the SAU directly, attention Stacy Kruger, and they will send you a ballot. You can reach Stacy at: 603-267-1315 or email her at*

The Town Clerk will be available Monday, March 7th 2022 at the Sam Lake House from 3-5pm to accept any last minute requests.

Voting on Tuesday, March 8th, 2022 will be conducted at the old Town Hall, Canterbury Center. 

Voting: Residents may register to vote during the town clerk’s regular hours. Proof of domicile (residency), proof of age, and proof of citizenship are required. If you have not been able to register to vote with the clerk you may register and vote on election day by bringing your above named documents. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the office at 783-0153.

Absentee Ballots: In order to apply for an absentee ballot you are required to sign an affidavit certifying that you (1) will be absent from the town where you are registered to vote; or (2) cannot appear in public because of observance of a religious commitment; or (3) are unable to vote in person by reason of a physical disability.
If you do not meet at least one of these requirements, you need to vote in person. Please fill out the attached form and mail it to: Town Clerk PO Box 500 Canterbury, NH 03224.

*Form 2021 - Absentee Ballot Applictaion - Canterbury 8-2021.pdf* is for Town Elections in March 2022
*Form 2021 - Absentee Ballot Application - State Form 8-2021.pdf* is for State Elections in September & November 2022