Vital Records

The Town Clerk is the keeper of birth, death and marriage certificates. Certified copies are available: $15.00 first copy and $10.00 each additional copy.

Marriage Intentions: To be married in New Hampshire you do not have to establish residency. A couple wishing to marry in the State of New Hampshire may complete a marriage application at any New Hampshire city/town clerk’s office regardless of their place of residence. This includes out-of-state residents as well. Once a valid marriage license is issued, the couple will be free to marry within any city/town in New Hampshire. Both parties must appear in person to file marriage intentions, as the signature of each applicant is required. However, if either party (or both) is a member of the armed forces, he or she shall forward an affidavit of marriage intentions, prepared by the armed services legal representative, to the clerk if he or she cannot appear in person.

Marriage License Fee is set by RSA 457:29 and payable to the Town. Currently, the marriage license fee is $50.00.

Documents Required: Proof of age; a certified copy of a death certificate of a former spouse, if applicant is widowed; a certified copy of a final divorce decree, if the applicant is divorced; a certified copy of an annulment decree, if the applicant’s previous marriage was annulled. A photo ID.  New Hampshire does not require a blood test.

A marriage license is issued the same day of the application, provided all signatures and statutory requirements are met (i.e. proof of divorce or death of previous marriage). The license shall be valid for a period of not less than 3 days and not more than 90 days from the date of filing.

If you have questions on age or time waivers, please call 603-783-0153